Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Update from Jenna in Vermont

Hello my fellow yogis! I am writing to you from beautiful Bristol, Vermont in the Green Mountains (although they are more white this time of year!) I am here studying ashtanga with Christine Hoar at Bristol Yoga. Christine is one of the few people in the world to have been given the blessing of Pattabhi Jois to teach ashtanga yoga. Christine is a "teacher's teacher" she was just saying tonight how much she enjoys teaching other teachers. So that's why I'm here! Apart from the lovely inn that is my home this week, and all the other charms that Vermont has to offer, I am learning lots of new assists and I am working directly with Christine on developing a beginner ashtanga class since it seems that is a big request at The Breathing Room. I am hoping to offer an "Ashtanga Basics" class when I get back. It will be an introduction to sun salutes, standing postures, and then a selection of seated postures. Christine taught a class like that this evening and I think it would serve our yoga community very well. I can't pretend to be completely selfless though, I am also here to deepen my own practice, which I think will make me a better teacher as well. Looking forward to sharing what I am learning!
Yoga Joy!
Jenna

No comments: